In case, you didn't know it, June is Gay Pride Month. We support and love your LGBQT+ art customers and their art.
And in case you didn't know it, there are quite a few BIOPOC visual artists (black, indigenous people of color) who are LGBTQ+ and who are breaking boundaries with their art. They are opening our eyes in new ways and leading the contemporary art scene. Below are links to take you on an adventure to see new art by these artists who we happily celebrate all year long, but especially during gay pride month.
In case, any of their art inspires you to make some gay pride art like a rainbow flag to show your solidarity, please place a no-contact, curbside order with us at this link.
1. On NBC News: 12 Queer Artists Who We Making Us Pay Attention
2. On Artsy: 15 Young LGBTQ Artists Driving Contemporary Art Forward
3. On Them: 7 Queer Artists Who Are Changing the Game
4. On The Guardian: Celebrating Queer Artists of Color
5. On Vice: Devan Shimoyama's Fearless Paintings of the Queer Black Experience
Heather Reed is the Assistant Manager/Buyer and office rockstar at IBF. She writes all of our emails, blog posts and and manages all of our social media sites. Heather is also an artist and has experience in lots of various mediums. You will usually find her researching new products, finding the best bargains, writing, painting, enjoying nature, all while chasing around her two vivacious little boys.